Today's topic is Am I abiding in Christ?
A couple of things stood out in my study today.
The first was a question that was asked. It was "Can He call me a friend?" I have been toiling over this very subject for the last year or so. I have been wondering if I have been the kind of friend to others that I would like them to be to me. I had been having sort of a hard time the last few years since being married. Not that I didn't marry my best friend but I crave female interaction. I love to be around other women and hear about all of the creative things going on around me. I had been missing that since I got married. Well, I have been so blessed in the last few months to grow great friendships with some women in the ward. I am so grateful to be friends with some amazing women. Their spirits are so rich with love and giving as well as the creativity that I crave so much. They make me a stronger person. I am so blessed to have them and I just hope that I am as good of a friend to them as they are to me.
The second thing that stood out to me was the following quote: "Good family life is never an accident; it is always an achievement." I really need to remember this! We all need to work hard every day to have a good family life. And it is definately WORK!
I want to end with a quote today. "Our lives require discipline, coping without compromise, conversion of precepts into living principles that will make us saintly." (Barbara B. Smith, "A Season for Strength," Ensign, Nov 1983, pg84)
1 comment:
I am enjoying walking along with you. Keep on blogging please!
Post a Comment