Day 4's topic was Am I a Child of Christ?
I wanted to start by sharing with you something that completely stuck out to me in the reading for the day. "Everything in the gospel teaches us that we can change if we need to, that we can be helped if we truly want it, that we can be made whole, whatever the problem of the past."
Isn't that just so true! What a blessing the gospel and our Savior that he makes it possible for us to make mistakes and he still loves us. I now know just a little bit about how he must feel every day looking down on us. Being a parent teaches you to love unconditionally just like our Savior loves us. Don't you ever just have those days as a parent that you are so glad your kids are going to bed because you just don't think you can take it anymore, and then as soon as they close their eyes, you want to go in and wake them up because you miss their smiling faces? That must be how our Savior feels about us some days. I'm sure he looks at us some days and wants to throw his hands up in the air at the choices we make, but at the end of the day... he still loves us so much that he sacrificed his life for us.
Day 5's topic was Am I a light to the world?
I wanted to share yet another quote. "Have you ever stopped to think that perhaps you are the light sent by Heavenly Father to lead another safely home or to be a beacon from a distance to show the way back to the strait and narrow path that leads to eternal life?"
The first thing I thought of when I read this topic was an experience I had several years ago in my own life that I would like to share with you.
When I was in High School I had several non-member friends as well as member friends. We all hung out in a big group and had a great time. Even though there were a few that were non-members, we always kept good standards. I never thought much about setting an example for anyone else, I was just doing the things that I had been taught. The day that I turned 16 my friends all threw me a surprise party. We were having a great time. They had planned it all with my mom and so we were at my home. All of a sudden the doorbell rang. When I opened the door, the full time missionaries were standing there. I invited them in and asked them what they were doing at my party. One of my very good non-member friends then told me that they had come to teach her the first discussion for my birthday gift. I had no idea that she was interested in the church but at that moment I knew that because of the example of me and my friends, she wanted to learn more about the gospel. What an awesome experience that became for me as I was able to sit in the discussions with her and share with her my testimony of this great gospel. I am so grateful for the fact that my friends and I could be a good example in her life. I know that it is important to do the things that you know are right because you never know who is watching you and who you are influencing to do good.
2 comments:
I love the 16th b-day story. We need to always remember others are watching us.
Thanks for posting these!
Jamie,
I been keeping up with you walk with Christ thing and just wondering where did you find it?
andy
Post a Comment