We have had such a great day today. It started out a little rocky but we were able to get so much done. We went grocery shopping to Wal-Mart this morning. Let me just tell you that any store on Christmas Eve is pretty much a non-fun place to be. However, my boys were pretty reasonable and no major fits took place by the boys, or myself for that matter. (Have I ever told you how much I dislike taking my boys shopping? That's a topic for another day.) They were even good enough that I gave in to McDonalds for lunch. And they sat in their chairs and ate lunch without climbing on top of the table or screaming or running away from me. That was a miracle in itself.
So when we finally got home, we cleaned up the house a little bit and watched a movie, Ratatouille. Then I put the boys in the bathtub and finished picking up the house. When they got out of the bathtub, they got to put on their new Christmas PJ's. This is the second year that we have had matching PJ's on Christmas. (pictures to follow in the coming days) Then we took Reindeer Food outside and sprinkled it in the grass so that Santa and the reindeer could find us. Next we came in the house, had a bite to eat and made cookies for Santa. The boys lost interest and went to their playroom for some quiet time and yet another movie; The Sword and the Stone this time. Not too long after they departed, J Bear was sound asleep in his beanbag. Spencer soon decided that it was time for bed also so that Santa would be here sooner. After the easy bedtime tonight (HOORAY!!!) I finished wrapping the small mountain of presents I still had not gotten to. I finished sewing MCP's PJ pants as I had been lagging behind a little on that. Then I set the table for breakfast the next morning (eliminating a step in the chaotic morning).
So our day, although extremely busy, was very productive and even a little bit fun. I hope that Christmas Eve only gets easier as time goes on and the kido's get older.
More to come in the next couple of days about our fun Christmas. I have not posted much about what we have been doing with the kids over the Holiday season but I promise to catch up on that in the next few days. Have a Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment