December 1, 2008

Christmas Decorations...

It goes against all that I believe in to decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving is over. There are several reasons for this. I absolutely LOVE anything to do with Christmas and it gives me a little bit of self control. Otherwise Christmas decorations would be up at my house in July. Number two reason is that I think it takes away from the Thanksgiving holiday, almost like it gets skipped over. Have you noticed that the fall decorations in the store get less and less every year? We go straight from Halloween to Christmas. Commercialism at it's best (NOT)! And last but not least, it takes me so much time to decorate that I wait until the day after Thanksgiving when everyone else is shopping so I can stay home and not be bugged while concentrating on the task at hand.

Having said all of that... guess when I decorated my house for Christmas?!?...

Monday BEFORE Thanksgiving. I know, I know... going against all that I just explained to you. But here is my justification: We weren't going to be home on Thanksgiving until later in the evening and I usually put away all of my Fall decorations on Thanksgiving to prepare for the next day, so I started early to make sure I had time. Then one thing led to the next and before you knew it I had gone crazy and my house was all decorated. Oh well!

They boys did a pretty great job decorating the tree this year.

They shared for the most part and the fighting was kept to a minimum.


J Bear only put 6 ornaments on each branch of the tree.





They got all of their ornament on their tree without breaking ANY of them.
YEA for Christmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sweet I like your Christmas decorations...can you come help me with mine???

Our decorations are a mix of things I bought some of the Christmas ornaments and today evening I am going to start with the decorations and I do love Christmas decorations but hesitate to have nice ones with kids around!!!