Topic for today How do I guard against pride?
The thing that struck me today was "Do I do the right things for the right reasons!" And I have to confess that there are occasions when I have not. I have done things not because I wanted to help/serve someone but more because of the recognition I got from it. What a horrible thing! "Either we can choose to be humble or we can be compelled to be humble. We can choose to humble ourselves by conquering enmity toward our brothers and sisters, esteeming them as ourselves, and lifting them as high or higher than we are." I am going to remember that quote any time that I think I am going to do something just for the recognition. Remember to do service for others for the gift of service, especially this time of year.
No comments:
Post a Comment