December 18, 2008

Walk with Christ: Day 9

Today's topic is Is the Lord my light?

Today a question was posed, "In the past nine days have I tried to make decisions based on the question 'What would Jesus do if He were here?' What have I improved on? What is my specific role?" And then you are asked to read your patriarchal blessing.

First I just want to say that having been doing this has really brought the Savior to the forefront of my mind every day. Having said that, I find myself having more patience and trying to keep my thoughts more calm and not so scattered. I am normally pretty scatterbrained in stressful situations and I find myself more focused and calm as I think about how my Savior would handle the situation. I am grateful that I have a Savior who knows me and my very own little situations. He hears me when I pray to him and I know he knows what is best for me.

Now, on to my Patriarchal Blessing reading. This is very personal to me so I will only share a few things. One thing that is repeated over and over in my blessing is to serve the Lord to the best of my ability and this will bring joy to others and myself. I am so grateful for a calling in my ward that allows me to serve the little children and work with such wonderful women. I have learned so much and am so grateful for their patience as they teach me the things that will better help me to do my job.

The other thing that stuck out to me today was "Be grateful for the blessings in your life." I am so grateful for a wonderful family. I have a great husband and beautiful children. I am also grateful for my extended family. My Mom teaches me so much every day. Not a day goes by that I don't call her for advice or a question that I am just SURE she knows the answer to. I am also so lucky to have a great SIL living right down the street from me. She called me today and said she was bored so she came over and just hung out. What a great time we have together because we live so close and can spend afternoons or sometimes even whole days together and do nothing ;) Thanks Misi!

No comments: