This purchase deserves a post all to itself because it is so exciting! I went to a sale and there were these beautiful old books in a box hidden under lots of other things. I picked them up and looked closely... they were Hardy Boys books! They were original books from 1944. I asked the woman how much and she said she wanted $2 each. I just couldn't pay that. She asked me how much I would pay and I told her $.50 each. She said $1 each. I finally talked her down to $7 for all 9 books (two were newer and not pictured here). I was in love! I brought them home excited to put them on a shelf and enjoy their beauty. I got curious to see how much something like this was actually worth. It had to be worth something. I checked around and I only found one book for sale and it was on Ebay. It was going for $26.50 and the price was rising. WHAT!?!?! But I cannot sell. I now love them more knowing that I made an awesome deal and they are BEAUTIFUL!
No comments:
Post a Comment