I had what I like to call a "mommy moment" today. Today I went to the local Elementary School and picked up Peanut's kindergarten registration packet. I am so excited. I think I am more excited for him that he will get to socialize with other kids on a daily basis (besides the brother) and all of the activities that are going to stimulate his mind. I can tell sometimes how bored he is with the daily grind of home life and I am just so excited for him. Not to mention the fact that he will be in school and there will be WAY less sibling fighting in my house! YAY for peace and quiet!
But as I was driving home from the school, I realized that my first born is growing up. A part of my heart got all mushy and I thought about the day he was born and it seemed like just yesterday. You never quite realize how much they are growing up until a milestone like this happens in their lives. What a grown up little boy he is turning out to be. I am so proud of him!
1 comment:
I always cried when they started school... so I can feel for you.
I tagged you today on my blog to provide me with a new healthy recipe that can help get me off of my weight loss plateau. Please participate!
Post a Comment