I have been debating about blogging about this since it happened because I was a little embarrassed to admit that it was my fault. But I finally came to the conclusion that if this taught me a great lesson, it was blog-worthy.
So yesterday after church my brother had come over to watch "the game" (in case you didn't know because you have been on another planet, the Cardinals won the NFC and are going to the SUPER BOWL!). MCP and D-dawg (as my bro is affectionately known) had been up to the mountains all weekend having a boys weekend. I totally didn't mind them going at the time that they asked because I thought I could handle things on my own for a few days. I did really good with the boys all weekend until Sunday came. Getting myself and the two boys ready for church at 8:30 am was next to impossible. So to make a long story short, by the time MCP and D-dawg got home, I had had it with the boys. I just needed a break... so I sent them outside to play while we enjoyed watching the game.
Now, I normally do not allow my kids to play outside on Sunday, but like I said, I was up to my eyeballs in kiddo's! I kid-you-not when I say that not 2 minutes later, Peanut comes running in the house with a blood curdling scream and there is literally blood running down the side of his head and down his shirt! Peanut had thrown dirt in J-Bear's face and he didn't like it so he found one of those hand claw rakes and hit Peanut in the head with it. It gave Peanut 2 small puncture wounds on the top of his head. Luckily they were small enough that we were able to stop the bleeding quite quickly. But what a scary moment for us.
I have now learned that no matter how crazy the boys make me, we will always keep the Sabbath Day Holy and not play in the backyard! I sure wish that it hadn't taken one of the boys getting hurt to teach me that lesson.
No comments:
Post a Comment