January 20, 2009
Inauguration Day
I have to say that when Barack Obama was elected to be the next President of the United States, I was not excited. I also have to admit that I really didn't even want to watch the whole hooplah today. However, somthing came over me this morning. Maybe it was a heart softening you could say. But I decided that although I am not particularly pleased with who was elected, I am an American and I am proud that we live in a country where we can voice our own opinion. I was happy to see that our country is now in a place where we can elect an African American President. I did watch the ceremony as I was running on the treadmill at the gym, and I have to admit that I am glad I did. Someday I will be able to tell my grandchildren that I watched on television as the first African American and 44th President of the United States was officially sworn into office. What a cool thing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think it is important we show respect for whomever occupies the office of president. I wish President Bush had not been mocked today as he was--it was terribly disrespectful. Sad others do not see that.
Post a Comment