September 13, 2009

Sale-ing for the last 2 weeks...

Well, we made it! We went yard sale-ing without our trusty guide and didn't get completely lost. However, every time we got in the car we would say," Now, where are we?" HA HA HA! Anyway... here are my finds for this week, with last week's finds to follow.
Isn't this pan just cute? It is cast iron and in great condition. This will be my new "go-to" pan and I got it for $.50
Who doesn't love a good candy dish for Christmas? It was $.25 and the best part is that I already have a candle holder that matches.
This looks like a good cook book. If I try any good recipes from it, I'll let you know. It was $.50.
A couple of good church books for $.25 each.

These are my favorite cook books. They are fun to read just like a regular book. They have so many little side notes and tips besides the recipe's. They were $.50 each.

This is a really cool notebook filled with handmade paper. It was also $.50. Could make a cool journal or note-taking book.
Could this lamp be any cuter? I put it in my office on my cute green and white wicker desk from a few weeks ago, see here. It was $2.
This will also go into my office to put all my knick nacks in. It was a $3 find. Well worth it.
I also got a few things for Christmas gifts but I cannot post them here because of the risk that one might spoil their Christmas by seeing them on accident. I spent $10 on those.
Last week was probably one of my favorite weeks and it was even raining. As a matter of fact, it ended up pouring by the time I got home to unload my finds. So here's the finds from 2 weeks ago...

How can you not love this Santa? He's about 2 1/2 feet tall and made out of resin so he his super heavy. Got him for $5. He'll be a cute addition to my fireplace this year.

I have been looking for these for awhile and I got a great deal. 15 Hardy Boys hard back books for $10. This was my favorite find of the day!
My friend Mindy reminded me that the tiles can be used for many other things besides just playing a game with so her and I each got one to use for decorating with for $1 each.

Have I ever said how much I love Ann of Green Gables? Well, I do! And yes, I'm old school and still watch movies on VHS but I get such good deals on them that I just can't pass them up. Anyway.. I got both video's for $1. And they are double tapes. Fun!

As a kid, we would look forward to this coming on TV every year so we could watch it. It was like The Charlie Brown Christmas for us. I can now share that excitement with my kiddos for $1.

Total spent for the last 2 weeks: $37.25

1 comment:

Valerie Christensen said...

I'm impressed! I love thrift store shopping--I need to motivate myself to hit the yard/garage sales.

And I also LOVE Anne of Green Gables. One of my favorites.