So, today's yard sale finds were... dare I say... AWESOME!!! I have to just say that I have never really liked my office. I could never get it just quite right and so it seldom gets used. I am a firm believer in the fact that in order to be creative, you have to be in a room that inspires you. Well, I now have said room thanks entirely to today's yard sale finds! Today I found this:
Yes... almost all of this! A few weeks ago I got the printer stand from a friend of mine at her yard sale and it has been working great. Today I painted it white to go with all of the new things in the room.
The first thing I saw was the brightest most happy bookshelf I have ever seen! It was only $3. Yes... I said $3!
And sitting next to it was the most fabulous sturdy white desk with wicker accents. It's a little worn but that ads to it's character and charm. Some people pay good money for that kind of wear. I buy it for $5. I'm not even kidding you! The desk was $5!!
And then there was this unbelieveable chair that coordinated with the bookshelf and was in perfect condition. They didn't do a very good job of covering the seat the first time (they tacked the fabric around the bottom with finishing nails... never seen that before). I brought it home, took the fabric off and washed it and then put it back on with my nail gun. I had to go get a few screws to attach the seat to the chair as it didn't have any before. I think they cost me $.62 at the hardware store.
And finally there was THIS awesome pair. I really like yellow and for $5 for the pair I just couldn't pass them up. They look great on this shelf if I do say so myself.
So total cost for the office makeover... $18.62. I cleaned out my office today too and re-arranged my favorite books so I have plenty of room to add to my collection. A few things went to the Goodwill and a lot of old papers and things went into the trash. Doesn't it feel good to purge your junk? I hope that my office can stay this clean ;)
1 comment:
Beautiful... and a steal. You could sell those for a great profit on Craigslist.
Post a Comment