The other day Matt was playing a video game with the boys and he was fighting some monsters or something and out of the shadows came a scary skeleton man. Peanut starts to YELL at the top of his lungs, "DAD, GET THE BONEY-FELLER!!!" I, trying to read a book and ignore the boy/dad bonding moment, looked up breifly and said, "Peanut, what is a 'boney-feller'?" I was then fully versed on what a silly mom I was because any one should know that a "boney-feller" is a man with no skin and just bones who walks around at Halloween time and tries to scare boys, even though my child assured me that he could not be scared by one. This is where the obsession begins.
Peanut now feels that everything for Halloween should include a "boney-feller" including his costume. He wants to be a skeleton for Halloween and we HAD to have one on our front porch. So... here is my attempt at a non-scary, life-sized "BONEY-FELLER".
I have to give the credit for the idea to DisneyFamily.com's craft idea found here. It was pretty fun to make and it cost me less than $20 for everything. I didn't glue it together so that I can take it apart to store for holiday's to come. But the most important thing is that Peanut LOVES his "boney-feller".
P.S. The chair he is sitting in came from a yard sale last week and I got it for $4. If anyone knows where I might be able to find a bench with the same sort of style (for cheap) that I can paint to match it, send me a comment. Would love to have a matching set on my front porch!
No comments:
Post a Comment