June 8, 2009

Books, books, everywhere...

Many of you may not know but I am a big fan of books for tweens (young teens/teens). My love of books came when I was about 10 or so. I had a lovely 5th grade teacher who shared her love of books with me. She often brought me books from her personal collection to let me enjoy. That love of books has been on the back burner in my life for quite some time. I had trouble adjusting my reading schedule into the life of a new mom and just never got back into it. So after having gotten into the Twilight craze with every other person I know... I thought I would continue to keep up with my reading. I even visited the library to preview some books on my "Want to Read" list to see where I wanted to start. I have now started reading the Harry Potter series of books and I am quite enjoying them so far. I really like reading books in a series. I am not a fast reader by any means but I do love to read a whole series of books. We'll see how long this series takes me.

This brings me to my Yard Sale Finds for the week. I found these:



I could not have been more excited. I got 18 fabulous hard cover Nancy Drew books for $5. You just can't get that kind of deal anywhere else. I hope some day my kids love to read books as much as I do. And if any of you happen to see or know of anyone who is wanting to get rid of the old Hardy Boys books, I would be more than willing to take them off their hands. Keep your eyes peeled for me ;)

I am also a big fan of games and I happened to find these at the Goodwill on Saturday (50% off day every other week) for $1.50 each. Those will be fun to add to our family game collection. As a child, we spent many a night playing games. Always was fun times.

1 comment:

Rebecca Irvine said...

Katie will be so jealous! She is very much into Nancy Drew books right now.

The book we are reading for book club right now is more young adult-like and is quite funny. You should try it: Austenland by Shannon Hale. You can borrow it from me if you like.