September 5, 2009

Ode to the Farmer's Market


Oh how I love the local farmer's market. I can fill my refrigerator with delicious fresh fruits and veggies to consume with pure enjoyment all week with minimal expense. I love going to see all of the yummy choices and trying to plan my weekly meals around them. This week I bought the following:
1 large watermelon
1 large cantaloupe
1 head of lettuce
6 fresh beets
6 ears of corn
1/2 lb brussel sprouts
3 lbs green beans
1 large acorn squash
1 head of orange cauliflower
1 bunch of asparagus
And I paid just over $16. How can you beat that? And I get to eat fresh all week!!! YUM!

2 comments:

Rebecca Irvine said...

Which one did you go to? I would love to get to one but have been too lazy lately.

Jamie said...

I go to Superstition Market on Main just east of Greenfield. It is always busy but I find the earlier in the morning I go, the less busy it is.