January 23, 2010

Simplifying 2010 began with...

The LAUNDRY ROOM!!
I have often wished that I could have a room that was specifically dedicated to CRAFTING. However, I am not lucky enough to have a room big enough to store all of the craft supplies that I have accumulated. So in order to make things more SIMPLE I decided to remove all "craft" supplies from the laundry room and make it exclusively a sewing/laundry room. I spent a small amount of money on some storage bins and turned this room into my sewing heaven.


The bins you see on the counter on the right side of the picture are to hold my "works in progress" so that there is no need to completely put them away, yet they are contained and not all over the counter. Love that!

I went to the Antique Mall and found a couple more blue glass jars to house the rest of my button collection. Now they are organized by color and size to make it easier to find what I am looking for. I can't ever say no to a good button.

This is my favorite part... the fabric cupboard. Doesn't this just make you want to sew something? It does to me. All of my fabric is organized by color which makes finding just the right material so much easier. I have several projects waiting for me in those bins. Can't wait to get to them!
(All of my other craft supplies got moved to clear plastic boxes in my office on some wall shelves.
They are now also more organized and easier to see. They will get used more often there, I hope!)

3 comments:

Rebecca Irvine said...

How nice to have a desk in your laundry room to sit at. I wish I had one of those. This looks great!

Valerie Christensen said...

Oh wow! I love it! You did such a good job decorating it and making it cute! And you're right--all that fabric makes me want to sew something. Fun!

Jamie Hunt said...

Yep I'm going to say it....JEALOUS!!!! You are one lucky girl!