April 27, 2009

My Dad


I don't say enough about my dad. I didn't really have a very close realtionship with my dad growing up and I think it has always been had for us to understand eachother. We never did agree about anything. Well, over the last 6ish years that I have been married, our relationship has changed. I am so grateful for all that he has taught me even though most of the time I didn't want to listen.

He came over last weekend to help me with the yard work and we decided to tackle a sprinkler system project. He made a small comment to me and I am sure he will never know how much it meant to me. We were working in the hot sun and he turned to me and said, " I am so glad I get to do these kind of projects together. We didn't always get to spend time together and I am so glad we get to have this time together now." It was a special moment that I will never forget. We worked on a project together just him and me and it was a lot of fun. So, thanks Dad for all you do to help me and my family. It means a lot and I Love You!

1 comment:

onehm said...

This is SO SWEET! What a great memory. I love moments like this.