April 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Peanut!!!

It was Peanut's bithday yesterday. However, we had a family party on Sunday. We had such a good time. We set up the party in the garage (thanks to Jera for the idea) and the weather could not have been more perfect. The kiddo's played outside and we ate a yummy dinner. Then we had cake. Penut requested a green party with a green race car cake. I felt like it was St. Patricks Day all over again but he couldn't have been more happy. Then came the presents. Peanut got all of the pool toys a boy could ever want. He also got lots of matchbook cars, some squirt guns, bubbles, a huge metal tonka truck, and some other fun outdoor toys. I really struggled about what to get him for his birthday. J Bear is so easy to shop for because anything that has a Spiderman logo on it is a give-in. Peanut is a little harder. He is growing up so fast and I just couldn't decide what to do. Saturday morning came around and I was still at a loss. I went yard sale-ing like I do most weekends and I saw the perfect gift. I bought him a bike. It was only $10. It needed a little bit of work to make it look like new but I was up for the challenge. Matt and I got some training wheels, a new seat, new hadlebar grips and a helmet. I have never seen him more excited! He didn't even want to have any cake. He came over long enough to blow out his candles and then he was off riding his bike. Not even a bite of cake! Well, I think the pictures explain themselves.

No comments: