July 8, 2008

Fourth of July Weekend



This weekend we had the opportunity to go to the mountains for the Fourth of July. Not that I never appreciated our country and the freedoms that we enjoy, but I got a whole new perspective on the wonderful Holiday and how important it is to each and every one of us. I am always very emotional anyway, but when I had the blessing of teaching my children for the very first time to stand and put their hand over their heart as the flag passed us by in the parade we were watching, my emotions overwhelmed me. I just started to cry. How blessed we are to be in a free country! And I am especially blessed that I can teach my children to have respect and honor for this Country in a time where so many are fighting for the freedom we enjoy.
We were so lucky to be able to spend time with our family in the beautiful weather and enjoy eachother's company. I think that the cousins had the most fun of all!!!


And to top off the weekend, we were blessed with a beautiful rain storm and a double rainbow to remind us how much our Heavenly Father loves us. It could not have been a more perfect weekend.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Great job on all your LO's. Isn't it so fun! Love all the pics, looks like you had a blast!