June 21, 2008

Date Night!

So we decided that tonight would be "Family" date night. So we talked to the boys and decided to go to a movie. And of course they got to pick and they decided on Kung Fu Panda. So we hurried and ate dinner (fried SPAM, grilled potatoes and canned green beans, not my idea of a good dinner. My mom cooked.) And then we stopped for a little early dessert before the movies. We went to the new Dippin Dots store. That was a mistake. Do you have any idea how messy that stuff is? So needless to say J Bear had tiny melted puddles of orange icecream all over the floor, the table, his pants and shirt, wiped all over his arms and all over his face. So we hurried and did the best we could to clean him up with the few baby wipes I had in the car and then made our way to the movie theatre. When the movie finally started, Peanut's eyes were glued to the screen. I can't say as much for J Bear. I don't know how I got to be the lucky parent to sit next to him but I'll remember to not do that again. He never stopped moving, talking or eating! 2 year olds do not belong at the theatre, or at least not mine! Anyway, what I could hear of the movie over the loud "WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN, MOM?" and "SOMEBODY HELP HIM!!!" was pretty good. We came home and for the first time in quite awhile the kids went right to bed with no drama. That's a whole other blog worth of story, but anyway...

So then after the boys were asleep MCP and I gave eachother pedicures. I know what you are thinking, "MCP getting a pedicure?" but it was pretty fun. However, there was no nail painting involved. And just so you all know, the "PED-Egg" that you see on TV on the infomercials, works pretty good.

So tomorrow we are taking the kids to Big Surf water park. I'll blog and let you know how that works out. I know it's not really made for small children and in general I'm not huge fan of public swim places but it's MCP's company party so let's hope for the best.

1 comment:

onehm said...

Sounds like a fun night! I"m impressed that your hubby gives/gets pedicures. Maybe I'll have to see if DH will get into that...

Can't wait to see pics of Big Surf. I have yet to take my kids to a waterpark...