September 8, 2010

Thrifting Finds...

Garage Sales have been few and far between over the summer and quite frankly, it has been too darn hot to even think about going out to garage sales. So I have been doing a lot of thrifting...more specifically at the Goodwill. For those of you who don't know what Goodwill is, it is like 40 of the best garage sales all thrown into one building. It is my favorite place to go when I need some alone time.
So here are my latest and greatest finds of the summer. Some came from garage sales if there were any to go to but most are Thrifty Finds!


This is my new desk. I had been looking for a heavy, sturdy desk for my sewing machines that also had drawers for all of my craft junk. I found it on Craigslist for $25. When I went to pick it up I found out it had a bonus... a locking drawer on the bottom. I can keep all of my scissors, permanent markers and anything else that I don't want my kids to touch, under lock and key! Love it! I think I will either re-finish or paint this beauty when the weather is cooler.

I found this awesome 2 quart blue glass Mason Jar at a garage sale for $4. The contents are some tiny yoyo's all sewn together that I found at the Goodwill. There were 500 total yoyo's sewn together. I think I will be making them into a pillow for my bed. All 500 were $2.99

This is one of my favorite finds of the summer. I was at one of my local Goodwill's and had been eyeing these shoes for a little while. They wanted $20 for them and although that was a good deal, I still couldn't spend that kind of money on a pair of shoes. Then the most awesome thing happened... I went to another Goodwill and they had the same shoes but guess what? They were $8.99 and I had a 20% off coupon! I love these shoes and I have pretty much worn them every day since I got them! I would have worn them to church if I knew I could get away with it!

I got this whole stack of flannel material for $3. These will make great baby bibs.

I found this for $.50 and it is going to make a great tray for my craft table. I am going to add a lazy susan to the bottom to make all my craft tools easily accessable.

I got this fabric at the Goodwill for $1 each. Plain stripes are really hard to find and so I snagged these up pretty quick.

I also got some really cute vintage sheets that will become something amazing before too long, some great books including the last of the Harry Potter series that I needed, some great summer reads and a few piano books. Add to that a significant amount of vintage fabric for crafting as well as sewing notions, some cute baby shoes for my newest nephew (due to arrive in Dec), some light-up Spiderman slip-on shoes for J Bear, and a pluthera of jewelry that I didn't have time to take pictures of.

It was a fun summer of thrifting. However, expect some awesomeness to appear soon as the garage sales pick up!

No comments: