August 16, 2010

Mother/Son Date

Over the summer, J Bear spent a few days at Grandma and Grandpa Power's house. While he was gone, Peanut asked me if we could go on a date. I asked him what he wanted to do and he promptly said, "go to IHOP". I agreed and so the next morning we got up and hurried to get dressed so we could go on our date.
Our Self-portrait!

I LOVE this smile!

Peanut LOVES waffles so I knew that was just what he would order.

I ordered a delicious omelette with mushrooms, tomatoes and spinach in it. We sat across from eachother so we could have great conversation. However, about halfway through breakfast Peanut asked me if he could come sit by me to eat. He gave me a big hug and said,"This is the best date I have EVER been on in my whole life!" Thanks for a fun date Peanut. I love you so much buddy!




1 comment:

Becky said...

That is such a cute mother/son memory! Love that it meant so much to the both of you. I need to make time to do this with my kids. One on ones are so great for a mom :)