July 6, 2009

Children's Museum of Phoenix

First I just have to say that I love, love, love the Children's Museum of Phoenix. My mom and I took the kiddos a couple of weeks ago using the Culture Pass so it didn't cost us anything but even without the pass, the entry fee is only $9 per person. And for a fun fabulous day indoors where it is nice and cool, it is soooo worth the money. And here come the pictures:



These tubes have air blowing through them and so when you build them up and then put ping pong balls into them, they shoot up in the air. J Bear couldn't get enough of that.



This is a really cool segway that you have to walk with your feet by using a set of tires. Peanut was coordinated enough to get that one going but I sure wasn't.



Don't they look so intense. They were watching balls roll through clear rain gutters around the room. That was a pretty cool room. They had lots of things to build that you could put balls through. If you remember the old marble run's from when you were a kid... these were 10 times bigger and even more fun then I ever remember marble run's being.





This was yet another version of a marble run. It was a wall of sheet metal and all the pieces had magnets on the back so they could be moved around to create different pathway's. Then the kiddos could roll golf balls through the different pathway's they had created. I would love to figure out how to make one of those to put on a wall in my backyard. Wouldn't that be awesome!





This is J Bear in the large pizza kitchen they had set up. There were adjacent rooms; one was a grocery store and one was a garden, so that they could shop and then take them to the kitchen to cook. I would have loved this one the best when I was there age. I loved to play kitchen and grocery store.


This was J Bear painting a house that they had in the Art Studio. As you can tell, there were many that had come before him to paint this masterpiece.


This was the "carwash" where the kids could ride through on tricycles and pretend to be washing their cars. Is anyone else's kids obsessed with car washes like mine are? Mine have loved the car wash ever since they were babies.

This was Peanut's favorite part of the whole museum. These were large tubes that were filled with circulating air. Then there were these places where you could slip in brightly colored hankies and ping pong balls. They would zip through the tubes, pop out the top and gently rain down to the kiddos below.
We could have stayed there all day!

No comments: