I have realized that buying gifts on a budget is a lot harder than just buying whatever you want to buy. With the terrible economy we have really buckled down and tried to spend less. So when it came time for MCP's birthday... I really had to get creative. I got him the new Indiana Jones movie because I knew he would love that but I wanted to do something a little more personal. I have a friend who makes cakes out of candy (check out her website http://www.tiffscandycakes.com/index.html) and so it inspired me to make this:
MCP loves peanut butter so I called it a Peanut Butter Float. It has peanut butter cups, reeses pieces and peanut butter whoppers in it. He was more excited about this than the movie. The boys also made him some handprints that we put in frames but I forgot to take pictures of them. MCP put them up in his office at work so he could see them every day. We also went to his office and took him lunch and cake. I think he was a little embarrassed but it was fun to spend some time with him on his birthday. The kids were sure excited to see him at work and have the special lunch.
1 comment:
The float is way cute! Great idea!
PS, Happy belated B-day!
Post a Comment