Jared eating a giant Chocolate Chip Cookie (thanks Aunt Erin!) by the campfire with his head lamp on his head.
The boys drinking hot chocolate before breakfast
when they thought no one was watching them.

Peanut playing in the dirt with his baseball
Do you ever remeber doing this with the
pop cans on your shoes to make it
noisy when you walked?
So we had a great time up in the mountains. The only word I have to describe it is HEAVEN! Not to say that it was perfect because things seldom are, but I had a handful of moments when the breeze was blowing through the pine trees (which is probably one of my favorite sounds in the world by the way) and the boys were playing in the dirt, and the air was ALMOST COOL and I thought "I don't think I ever want to leave." My all time favorite thing about camping besides the sound of the breeze in the trees is at night time. When you have a fire going, the stars are brighter than you can ever believe is possible, all is quiet and you have a marshmallow attached to a stick getting ready to have, what is in my opinion. the greatest snack ever created- the S'more! Oh my gosh, it just can't get any better than that!
We tried to fish for 3 days and only managed to catch one small bass and a few very tiny non-keepers. But the memories will outlast all of the hours we spent by the lake. What a fun ADVENTURE!!!
when they thought no one was watching them.
Peanut playing in the dirt with his baseball
Do you ever remeber doing this with the
pop cans on your shoes to make it
noisy when you walked?
Peanut asleep after a long afternoon in the dirt!
So we had a great time up in the mountains. The only word I have to describe it is HEAVEN! Not to say that it was perfect because things seldom are, but I had a handful of moments when the breeze was blowing through the pine trees (which is probably one of my favorite sounds in the world by the way) and the boys were playing in the dirt, and the air was ALMOST COOL and I thought "I don't think I ever want to leave." My all time favorite thing about camping besides the sound of the breeze in the trees is at night time. When you have a fire going, the stars are brighter than you can ever believe is possible, all is quiet and you have a marshmallow attached to a stick getting ready to have, what is in my opinion. the greatest snack ever created- the S'more! Oh my gosh, it just can't get any better than that!
We tried to fish for 3 days and only managed to catch one small bass and a few very tiny non-keepers. But the memories will outlast all of the hours we spent by the lake. What a fun ADVENTURE!!!
1 comment:
Looks like you guys had an awesome time!! I just wanted to tell you that the picture of you on the side is so so so gorgeous!! You always look so so good, but you seriously look really pretty in that picture!!
Post a Comment